If you've purchased one of our Giant Deckchairs, you'll need to know how to put it together. It is manageable on your own, but a lot easier if you have another pair of hands as it will take about an 45 minutes to assemble. You will need a 6mm hex key and a 17mm socket spanner (included in the box if you ordered them).
A= Inner Back Brace x 1
B= Outer Front Brace x 1
C= Prop Brace x 1
D= Bottom Pole x 1
E= Top Pole x 1
F= Left Inner Leg x 1
G= Right Inner Leg x 1
H= Prop x 2
I= Outer Leg x 2
1. Arrange the Inner Back Brace A, Left Inner Leg F (facing skywards), Right Inner Leg G (facing skywards) and Bottom Pole D as evenly as you can into a rectangle as shown in Fig 1.
2. Insert 2x L bolts through Left Inner Leg F to locate the nut plates secured in A and D.
3. Tighten L bolts using a 6mm hex key. Ensure L catches the nut plate properly and does not cross thread.
4. Repeat steps 2. and 3. for Right Inner Leg G. Again ensure that the thread of the L bolts catch both nut plates in A and D correctly and then tighten.
5. Insert K bolt through 1x Prop H (Fig. 2). Slide two washers M onto the end of the bolt between Prop H and Left Outer Leg I and then continue to insert K bolt into I. Slide a third washer M onto the end of the bolt on the inner side of I. Hold K with a 6mm hex key and secure bolt with an N nut using a 17mm socket. Ensure that half a thread on K is protruding from the nut.
6. Repeat step 5. for the the other Prop H and Right Outer Leg J.
7. Repeat step 5. to attach Left Outer Leg I and Left Inner Leg F, see Fig 3.
8. Repeat step 5. to attach Right Outer Leg J and Right Inner Leg G.
9. Flip both Props H to face in the opposite direction and position Outer Front Brace B and Top Pole E as shown in Fig 4.
10. Insert 2x L bolts through Left Outer Leg I to locate the nut plates secured in B and E.
11. Tighten L bolts using a 6mm hex key. Ensure L catches the nut plate properly and does not cross thread.
12. Repeat steps 10. and 11. for Right Outer Leg J. You will need to gently prise apart the pieces so B and E fit into J. Again ensure that the thread of the L bolts catch both nut plates in B and E correctly and then tighten.
13. Position Prop Brace C so the eyelet is facing down and on the same side as the safety clip, see Fig. 5.
14. Fit one end of Prop Brace C into the corresponding recess of Prop H and repeat with the opposite end of C into the other Prop H.
15. Attach L bolt though Prop H to Prop Brace C. Repeat for the opposite side. Ensure L catches the nut plate properly and does not cross thread.
16. Flip both Props H and the conjoined Prop Brace C back in the opposite direction so that the chair lies flat on the ground.
17. Ask another person for help to unfold the chair. Standing on the outside of the frame lift Top Pole E upwards, making sure I and J are even. Guide the Prop Brace C over and in front of the stays attached to F and G.
18. Undo the L bolt on both poles on the right side of the chair.
19. Pull the pole away from the frame and gently lift it so there is enough room to slide your sling on. Do this for both poles. Slide the fabric sling halfway onto the 1st pole, fully onto the 2nd and then fully on the 1st.
20. Place the poles back in the recesses and secure the L bolts, ensuring the threads catch correctly and don't cross thread.
21. Check all L bolts are hand tight so the chair will be stable to use. Lock the chair in this position using the safety clip and eyescrew before use. Padlock the clip for added security.
22. Refer to the safety and maintenance advice prior to each use.
Frame assembly before the sling is added and the parts are secured.